Salsa Finta & Almond Polpetta
From Issue 4 of News From The Kitchen
- 1 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 cups fresh tomatoes
- 1 soft date
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 large basil leaves
- 1/4 cup water
- Blend all ingredients in a high-speed blender.
- 1 cup almonds, soaked
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup salsa finta
- 3 tablespoons fresh, chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon Italian herbs
- 1/4 cup onion
- Grind the almonds to crumbs in a food processor.
- Add remaining ingredients and process again until thoroughly mixed.
- Form into small balls and dehydrate for 6 hours or until they are slightly crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside.
Take a couple of handfuls of mixed leaves per person (a mix of rocket & chard is great), and mix with strips of courgette (zucchini) pasta. To make enough courgette pasta for 4 people, use the following recipe:
- 4 medium courgette (zucchini)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Cut the courgette lengthwise with a mandoline. Lay the strips on top of each other and, using a knife, cut them lengthwise into fettuccine-style strips.
- Mix the strips with the olive oil and salt in a large bowl and allow to soften for a couple of minutes.
- Mix the polpetta with the salsa, and place even amounts on top of each courgette salad (the pasta strips and leaves, mixed) that you have arranged on the plates.