This raw dessert is so delicious and easy to make, no need to dehydrate anything.
Rate This Recipe
Marbled Chocolate & Orange Tavoletta
This dessert recipe uses raw chocolate and the taste is heavenly.
Nutrition (For one serving)
Calories: 6149kcalCarbohydrates: 454gProtein: 171gFat: 479gSaturated Fat: 215gSodium: 974mgPotassium: 8477mgFiber: 158gSugar: 150gVitamin A: 496IUVitamin C: 139mgCalcium: 1175mgIron: 60mg
- 1 cup almonds
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup carob powder
- 1/2 cup dates
- 4 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups cashews
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 tbsp orange zest
- 2 tbsp vanilla
- 1 cup coconut nectar or 1/2 cup maple syrup and 1/4 cup xylitol
- 1 1/2 cups cacao butter grated
- 2 cups cacao powder
- 5 tbsp cacao butter melted
- 1 cup cashews
- 1 tbsp coconut nectar or honey
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup water
- First process nuts, cinnamon, salt and carob powder into small crumbs.
- Add dates, coconut oil and vanilla extract and process again.
- Press into the bottom of 9" square pan and place in fridge whilst working on the filling and marbling mixture.
- Before making this chocolate filling, you should place the grated cacao butter in the dehydrator to melt. Alternatively you can melt it in a bowl over another bowl of hot water.
- Mix the cashews, orange juice, orange zest, vanilla, and coconut nectar (or maple syrup plus xylitol) in a Vitamix until smooth.
- Add cacao butter and cacao powder, and blend again.
- Mix all ingredients in a high-power blender until completely smooth.
- Pour the filling onto the crust and use a spatula to achieve a level surface.
- Drizzle the marbling mixture over the top in lines using a plastic bottle or a spoon. Drag a toothpick across the top to create the marble effect.