Rate This Recipe
Carrot & Orange Cake
The carrot cake is absolutely amazing.
Nutrition (For one serving)
Calories: 465kcalCarbohydrates: 37gProtein: 9gFat: 35gSaturated Fat: 7gSodium: 260mgPotassium: 632mgFiber: 8gSugar: 18gVitamin A: 8064IUVitamin C: 11mgCalcium: 58mgIron: 3mg
- 3 cups carrots finely grated
- 2 cups pecans ground in a food processor
- 1/4 cup raisins roughly chopped
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 1/2 tsp mixed spice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp orange zest
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 cup soft dates pits removed
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 1/2 cups cashews
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tbsp xylitol
- 1/4 cup coconut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Mixed spice is a blend of cinnamon, coriander seed, caraway, nutmeg, ginger and cloves. If you’re in the United States, you can use pumpkin pie spice.
- Make a date paste by grinding 1 cup soft dates and 1/2 cup orange juice in a food processor until smooth.
- Thoroughly mix all ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Shape into individual cakes or press into one large cake, ready to be cut at the end.
- Place on a dehydrator sheet and dehydrate at 115 degrees F for 8 – 12 hours. If you don’t have a dehydrator, you can simply place the cake into the fridge to set.
- Blend all ingredients in a high-speed blender until smooth.
- Place in fridge to achieve a thicker consistency and spread on cake when you’re ready to serve.
- Garnish cake with nutmeg.