Rate This Recipe
Broccoli in Hoisini Sauce with Parsnip “Rice”
The broccoli in hoisini sauce is absolutely amazing partnered with the parsnip rice.
Nutrition (For one serving)
Calories: 704kcalCarbohydrates: 49gProtein: 17gFat: 55gSaturated Fat: 7gSodium: 923mgPotassium: 1417mgFiber: 14gSugar: 13gVitamin A: 1704IUVitamin C: 242mgCalcium: 198mgIron: 5mg
- 5 cups broccoli florets small
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp yacon syrup agave
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 3 tsp tamari
- 1/2 clove garlic
- 1/2 chili small, de-seeded
- 1/5 inch ginger or 1/2 cm cube cut, fresh
- 1 1/2 cups parsnips peeled
- 1 1/2 tbsp pine nuts
- 1 tbsp macadamia nuts
- 1 tbsp light miso
- 1 tbsp sesame oil cold-pressed
- 3 spring onions finely chopped
- Mix all ingredients together a in large bowl and massage with your hands until the broccoli becomes softer. Then leave to stand for 10 minutes.
- Transfer the broccoli to a nonstick dehydrator tray and dehydrate for 4 hours at 105 degrees F. You may find it useful (but not essential) to turn the tray around halfway through. as the broccoli closest to the fan will dry quicker.
- Blend all ingredients in a high-speed blender.
- Grind all ingredients, except the spring onions, in a food processor until fluffy and rice-like.
- Transfer to a bowl and stir in the chopped spring onions.
When you are ready to serve, mix the dehydrated broccoli with the Hoisini sauce. Serve alongside the parsnip rice.