This recipe started life as a simple mango and rocket (arugula) salad, and then quickly grew into something completely new to me.
Firstly, I’ve never put cacao butter on a salad before. It turned out beautifully alongside the mango and the dressing.
I’m so happy with the dressing and the way it tastes with the peppery rocket leaves. This is actually the first time I’ve used coconut oil in a salad dressing before and I really like it.
You’ll notice the recipe calls for warm water. This is because cold water will seize the dressing. The other thing to watch out for with the dressing is that it’s quite a small amount to be blending in a Vitamix or any other highspeed blender. So start the blender off slowly and only increase the speed when the cashews are broken down and the whole thing isn’t jumping around in the jug.
Rocket Fennel Cacao Salad
Nutrition (For one serving)
- 1 ripe mango diced
- 1/2 cucumber diced
- 1/2 fennel bulb shaved
- 1 Thai chili finely diced
- 5 basil leaves cut chiffonade
- 1/2 avocado
- 5 oz rocket arugula
- 1/4 cup sea veg salad optional
- 3 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 1/4 cup cashews
- 1/2 cup water warm
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 pinch cayenne
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 pinch clove
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp cacao butter finely grated
- Combine all main ingredients and arrange in a serving dish.
- Blend all the dressing ingredients in a high-speed blender.
- Serve the dressing in a side dish, with the salad and top with grated cacao butter.